Sunday, April 15, 2007

What's in a Name?

What's in a Name?
Okay, so I needed to change a character's name--thank goodness for search and replace! It was Ben but I already had a Jerry, and since the book isn't about ice cream....
Anyway, so I decided on Mark. The character is a doctor, head of Pittsburgh's Angels of Mercy's ER.
Then I got to thinking, there are a lot of Mark's out there in fictional medical land, aren't there?
There's McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy, aka: Dr. Mark Sloan...

I'm guessing the GA writers were paying homage to the original Dr. Mark Sloan from Diagnosis Murder:
And there's Dr. Mark Greene from ER:

And, of course, the grand-daddy of all TV docs, Marcus Welby, MD
Okay, given that pedigree, guess I'm gonna keep my guy a Mark as well!! How could I go wrong?

No comments: