Thursday, July 24, 2008

My cup...er, to-be-read-pile, overfloweth

So, before I left for TFest, I took a week off and gave myself the ultimate treat: a reading binge!! (If I sound like a book junkie, well, yes, Hi, I'm CJ and I love books...)

Here are the ones I indulged in that week:









BUT....here are the ones I came home with and that now sit tempting me everyday:

Oh my, just a taste, please--but once I start a book, I know the perils, it's so hard to stop!

Anyone else with this problem?

Hmmm....maybe I could give up cleaning the house to find more time to fit in reading? Whoops, I already do that to find more time to write!

9 comments:

Phyl said...

Looks like fun stuff! I promise not to care how dirty your house is if you don't give up any of your writing time. I'm selfish that way!

CJ Lyons said...

It's a deal, Phyl!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just read Lifelines and LOVED it! Do you know the release date for your second novel?

CJ Lyons said...

Thanks, Emily! The second book, WARNING SIGNS, is due out on January 27th.

It follows Amanda as she investigates those mysterious symptoms....

LuAnn said...

My TBR pile is also overflowing. In fact, it was getting so out of hand that I had to do something with it. I emptied a shelf that is in six sections and have been organizing my books on it. I have a running list of what's in each section. So far, I've put 266 books to be read on the shelves and I have more to go. Whew!

CJ Lyons said...

LuAnn,
266 books!!! You win!

My place is so small that I wouldn't have room to move. I did clear one small bookshelf and am trying to only use it as a to-be-read pile, but it's so hard not to bring more books into the house, lol!

Heather said...

Don't feel bad, my to be read pile has about 50- 60 books on it. Being the organization freak that I am I have a spreadsheet for the books I want to read and another that are the books that I have read with comments. So far I have read 70 books this year which is averaging 10 books a month....whew. Thank goodness for libraries.

CJ Lyons said...

A spreadsheet? Wow, Heather, you are way more organized than I am!!!

And yes, thank goodness for libraries! Where would any of us be without them?

mckait said...

My TBR pile has morphed into 10 TBR shelves.

* hangs head in shame*

Yet I read several books a week! Sadly, I buy and borrow faster than it is possible to read. Part of the problem is my sever addiction to LibraryThing as well as my addiction to books.

Keep reading.. keep writing.. you will catch up... there is always retirement..